Summary of 2015 Chairman’s Report
The new Chairman of the Melville College Trust, Grant Macrae, said he had been honoured to be asked take on the role at last year’s AGM. He paid tribute to the leadership of Andy Scott, who had chaired the Trust for the previous three years.
- The Trust continued to support the three schools with substantial bursary income. 34 pupils received bursaries for the 2014/2015 school year – 15 attended Stewart’s Melville College, 15 attended The Mary Erskine School and 4 attended Primary 7 at the junior school.
- £10,000 was made available to the school for small grants to support extra-curricular projects that would otherwise not have received funding. Ten awards were made including:
- snare drums for the Pipe Band
- additional artefacts for the History Society
- harnesses and helmets for climbing
- electronic keyboards
- kindle equipment for the Cromarty Library
- The Trust Reserves Policy sought to maintain the capital value of the funds in order to maintain future income streams to finance grants payable.